Where: Sydney, NSW
Max. People Per Tour: 20
Travel Style: Nature and Wildlife
Barefoot Downunder's Blue Mountains Overnight
trip includes our full day Adventure & Hike tour on your first day, courtesy drop off where you will stay at the award-winning Blue Mountains YHA
hostel and enjoy the comfort of the amenities on offer and enjoy your own free time exploring the area and activities on your second day!
- Pick up in one of our air-conditioned mini-vans from city locations between 6:30 - 7:30am (see below).
- Get away from the crowds at Lincoln's Rock. Spot Aboriginal rock art engravings at this secret lookout with epic views out to the Blue Mountains National Park!
- Time for adventure! Take a guided 2hr hike with your experienced local guide to a spectacular locals only waterfall location, free from tourists. Your local guide will teach you about the indigenous heritage of the region and the Aboriginal Dreamtime stories as you venture through the ancient forests on this off-the-beaten-path Blue Mountains adventure.
- We stop in the adorable village of Leura for lunch. There are plenty of cute cafes to choose from or you can bring your own lunch.
- Visit the iconic Three Sisters in Katoomba and learn about the local Dreamtime story that inspired their name.
- Learn to play the didgeridoo! Get tips on how to play this unique Aboriginal instrument from your guide.
- (Optional) Learn more about Australia's indigenous culture at the Waradah Aboriginal Cultural Show, where you will get to listen to performances using indigenous instruments such as the didgeridoo as well as watch traditional Aboriginal dance.
- Enjoy a bushwalk to another spectacularly scenic waterfall spot! Or visit Scenic World and take the world's steepest passenger railway (optional)!
The Blue Mountains
is known for its dramatic scenery, bushwalking and adventure activities. Try abseiling or canyoning
with High & Wild Adventures,
mountain biking, Jenolan Caves tour, or just enjoy the local shops and cafes.
Housed in a
beautifully restored National Trust building
, the hostel is a stone’s throw from breathtaking national parks and bush
landscapes of Leura, Echo Point and Three Sisters. Enjoy a complimentary
the following morning and enjoy your free day exploring in town or heading out on your own adventure. There is also a cosy and friendly log fireplace to enjoy a hot chocolate in front of after a long day. Live music is offered in local venues (Wed-Sun), along with backpacker activities, and night walks.
Return to Sydney
via train which costs $9 with an Opal card and takes around 2 hours. (You can request a ride back to Sydney the following day pending space available on the bus)
- 1 night dorm style accommodation at YHA
- Guided hike to locals only waterfall
- Transport and national park fees
- Local and experienced guide
- Aboriginal rock carvings
- Learn how to play the didgeridoo
- Complimentary continental breakfast on your second day
- Lunches and Dinners
- Drop off in Sydney (unless requested - depending on seats available on bus)
- Scenic World ($19-$39)
- Waradah Aboriginal Cultural Show ($15)
Pick Up Points:
1. Coogee Beach 6:30am
Coogee Bay Hotel – 212-230 Arden Street, Coogee
(Corner of Coogee Bay Road and Arden Street)
2. Bondi Beach 6:45am
Ravesi’s Hotel – 118 Campbell Parade, Bondi
(Corner of Hall Street and Campbell Parade)
3. Kings Cross 7:00am
Bus Stop at El Alamein Memorial Fountain (the Dandelion Fountain) Macleay St, Kings Cross
4. Circular Quay 7:15am
Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel – 30 Pitt Street, Sydney
5. Central YHA Hostel 7:30am
Sydney Central YHA Hostel – 11 Rawson Place, Haymarket
What to Bring:
- Hat and suncreen
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Bottle of water for your first day of hiking and adventuring
- Day bag for your overnight stay at the YHA
- Money for food purchases
Other Important Information Before You Go:
- This overnight trip involves a 2 hour hike through rugged terrain. A medium level of fitness is required.
- Train ride back to Sydney on second day is at own expense.
Duration : 24
Destination : Sydney, NSW
Product Code : PB1PX4
From AUD $138.00