Where: Sydney, Australia
Max People Per Tour: 12
Style: Nature and Wildlife
This is a must-do for anyone who's looking for a different kind of Sydney day trip. Discover this hidden natural wonder just south of Sydney, situated in the world’s second oldest national park! You’ll be joining a small crew of adventurers as you head out on the ONLY tour currently running trips to the Figure 8 Pools. Enjoy an action packed day full of hikes through coastal rainforest, swims at secluded beaches and amazing views of Australia’s unique natural scenery! You may even get to see some local wildlife!
(Please note: as the Figure 8 Pools are only accessible during low tide, the itinerary is subject to change in order to be at the pools at the optimal time.)
1. 6:30am - 7:30am: pick up from various Sydney locations.
2. We drive south through Sydney through the area known as The Shire and on into the Royal National Park aka “The Nasho”. The first stop is at Bald Head to take in the spectacular coastal scenery.
3. Next we venture to the beautiful Wattamolla, a popular local swimming hole! Enjoy a swim in the serene lagoon or a dip in the pristine ocean.
4. Next, we enjoy a picnic lunch of wraps and snacks at Garie Beach, a beautiful surf beach surrounded by stunning coastal headlands.
5. Now, it’s time to take the spectacular hike to the Figure 8 Pools. This 6km (3.7mile) return hike takes you through beautiful coastal rainforest in the World’s Second Oldest National Park. If you’re lucky, we might just come across a wallaby or other local wildlife! The hike will take you through the secluded Burning Palms Beach and the exclusive local heritage listed beach shacks. Then, get ready as we embrace adventure and scramble over rocks along the rugged coast to make our way to the famous Figure 8 Pool! We spend 1-1.5hr at the pools, resting, relaxing and snapping some epic holiday pics before heading back.
6. On the way back, sit back, relax and enjoy some smooth tunes on the air-conditioned mini-van
7. 5:30pm (depending on traffic) return to Sydney Central YHA we were enjoy a FREE drink! The perfect way to finish off a day of epic adventure!
- All transportation and national park fees
- Fully-guided 3hr hike to the Figure 8 Pools
- Experienced local guide
- FREE drink at the end of the tour
- extra snacks
What to bring:
- Hat, sunscreen
- Trainers or hiking boots
- Swimwear and towel
- 1L + water and snacks
Where to meet:
1. Coogee Beach 6:30am
Coogee Bay Hotel – 212-230 Arden Street, Coogee
(Corner of Coogee Bay Road and Arden Street)
2. Bondi Beach 6:45am
Ravesi’s Hotel – 118 Campbell Parade, Bondi
(Corner of Hall Street and Campbell Parade)
3. Kings Cross 7:00am
Bus Stop at El Alamein Memorial Fountain (the Dandelion Fountain) Macleay St, Kings Cross
4. Circular Quay 7:15am
Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel – 30 Pitt Street, Sydney
5. Central YHA Hostel 7:30am
Sydney Central YHA Hostel – 11 Rawson Place, Haymarket
(Please select your desired pick-up location during booking. All guests should be at their pick-up location 10min prior to scheduled meeting time so avoid delays.)
Other Very Important Info Before You Go:
- A moderate level of fitness is required for this tour. The return hike to the Figure 8 Pools is between 2-3 hours over rocks, up hills and through bushland.
- The Figure 8 Pools can be dangerous and are subject to changing tides. Your tour guide will constantly monitor the conditions for your safety. Listening to your guide is key!
Duration : 9
Destination : Sydney, NSW
Product Code : P02W2E